Citizen bank card
|Citizen bank card|
Citizen bank card - Mastercard Debit, issued by Norvik Banka in cooperation with local authorities of Latvia, is a multifunctional and personalized payment card with an individual design.Citizen bank card has an additional feature – it is a contactless payment card. The card can be used at trading establishments equipped with devices for the reception of contactless cards, for ex. in Liepaja (Liepaja tram) and in Jelgava, where public transport is already equipped with devices for the reception of transactions with contactless cards. Schoolchildren may use the Citizen Card as a school ID card. This card gives the possibility to pay for public transportation and, at the same time, get, at the moment of committing a transaction, travel benefits assigned by local authorities. By using the card, schoolchildren can make purchases at retail locations, online, receive cash in ATMs, because the Citizen bank card is a payment card Mastercard Debit. Parents of schoolchildren can replenish card at its own discretion, the maximum amount of recharge - up to 700 euros per month. The Bank offers Internet banking and SMS banking for control of expenses. Citizen bank card functions like a card of a resident of a particular local municipality and is issued to each resident of a specific corresponding local municipality. The card gives the possibility to pay for public transportation and, at the same time, get, at the moment of committing a transaction, travel benefits assigned by local authorities, if any.
Citizen bank card provides the following possibilities:
- to make settlements for goods and services at retail locations;
- to withdraw cash in ATMs;
- to conduct transactions with cash and non-cash monetary funds;
- to pay for purchases and make payments on the Internet;
- to receive monthly income (e.g. wages, pension, allowances) to the card account;
- to receive benefits set by local authorities for certain services (when paying by the Citizen bank card), as well as receive travel benefits set by the state in accordance with the Regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 153 dated 31.03.2015 “On the categories of passengers who are entitled to travel benefits on routes in the route network”.